Ballygelvar Bespoke Tours and Accommodation offer a premium and unique, half day tour, of the Waikato equestrian scene. Tour can include;
* Access to world class thoroughbred studs, polo stables, show jumping, and race horse trainers.
* Getting up close to stallions, brood mares, and foals at the renowned Windsor Park Stud.
* Watching racehorses, polo ponies, and show jumpers training.
* Eventing Olympic gold medalist & World Champion, Vaughn Jeffries, training the top riders of the future, including Ben Weir, who is currently the leader in the National Young Rider Championship.
* Visiting John-Paul and Nina Clarkin’s polo stables. New Zealand’s best polo player and the women’s world champion, and see their polo ponies in training, and their breeding mares, foals, and stallions.
* Waikato Equine Veterinary Centre and
* Chele Clarkin, local specialist in equestrian jewellery.
The tour is $500.00 for 1 to 4 people.
Tour pick up is at 8am from Cambridge isite Visitor Information Centre and dropped off at approximately 1pm.
Closed toe shoes are required
This tour is unsuitable for persons with mobility problems
Bookings are essential and may take a day or two to be set up, they also can vary as we have to work in with training schedules and events individuals might be away at.
We can personalise tours as well.
The tour is mainly outdoors, and is weather dependant. You may need a rain coat if the weather is incremental.
Ballygelvar also offers boutique rural B&B Accommodation in picturesque Maungakawa, just minutes outside Cambridge.
NOTE: It is $600.00 for the tour for 1 – 4 people. i.e. If only one person is on the tour it is still $600.00. It takes a lot of planning with all the different entities to make it a marvellous experience. Wednesday is the only day the tour is availiable. We can discuss having more guests on tour if required.
To book contact Belinda ++64 (0) 2 7289 9386
Example of Tour;
8.00 am Pick up at isite
8.10 am Cambridge Jockey Club – watch race horses train on track
8.45 am Marsh Racing – Racehorse trainers
9.15 am Hamilton vets – Equine Hospital
10.00 am Vaughn Jefferies – Coaching showjumping or Takapoto Show Jumping team training
10.55 am Lilypad Cafe coffee – break for coffee/bathroom
11.15 am Windsor Park Stud – Thoroughbred stud, stations, foals, mares, and facilities
12.00 pm Mystery Creek Polo – Polo ponies training – stables
12.30 pm Chele Clarkin Equine jewellery specialist
1.00 pm isite or (Alpino) – Lunch (Optional, and not included in price)