Nestled on the banks of Lake Karapiro, just 7km’s from central Cambridge and a short divert from SH1, the world class Sir Don Rowlands Centre is located on the expansive 19 hectare Mighty River Domain, a recreational reserve offering a diverse range of events, recreational facilities and accommodation options.
The Centre has been designed for community and corporate use and is a versatile, multipurpose complex. From small intimate gatherings to large corporate events and celebrations, the Sir Don Rowlands Centre is the perfect canvas in which to create your next event. Whether a themed corporate dinner, community function, wedding, awards dinner or social gathering, the Sir Don Rowlands Centre is a venue that will ensure your event is truly memorable.
What’s to love about our venue:
· Modern facility situated on the water’s edge of the renowned Lake Karapiro
· Floor to ceiling windows providing spectacular 180-degree lake views
· Accessible from Hamilton Airport, SH1, Hamilton City and minutes from Cambridge
· Audio and interactive technology installed
· Extensive and free on-site parking
· 5 multipurpose rooms with varying capacity and configuration options
· Open catering policy enabling self-catering or engaging your caterer of choice
· On-site accommodation options
· Event Managers to manage your event and tailor the venue to suit your requirements
· Ample outdoor event and activity space to enhance your experience and an outdoor water facing grandstand seating up to 700
The team at the Mighty River Domain prides itself on ensuring your event is a complete success know matter how big or small.
We’d love to hear from you. Whether its an enquiry about room for hire, having a wedding or planning a corporate/ business event – we are happy to answer any questions you have.
Get in touch: