1. Tivoli Cinema – Lots to choose from!
2. FREE: Go adventuring! Walk around the Cambridge green belt or river trails, up Mangakawa, or for the more adventurous, hike up Pirongia and stay in a Hut overnight. Available from the Cambridge i-SITE – Cambridge and local walking maps, Pirongia Hut Tickets, Pirongia and Te Aroha Hiking Maps. Pironghia Hut Tickets – $5 adults $2.50 kids.
3. FREE: Cambridge Museum: Find the dinosaur footprints at the Cambridge Museum and go into a lucky draw to win a family pass to Cambridge Mini Golf. Cambridge Museum, 24 Victoria Street. Open 10 am -4 pm Monday to Friday, 10 am – 2pm Saturdays & Sundays. Free entry.
4. FREE: Cambridge Library: www.waipalibraries.co.nz
Parents and caregivers please note children under 14 must be accompanied by a suitable caregiver at all times.
5. Visit the “cutest sheep in the world” – Valais Blacknose Sheep – find out more at Cambridge i-SITE 07 823 3456 / www.cambridge.co.nz
6. Visit an Alpaca farm, and also see Llamas, Bison, miniature donkeys, goats, horses – find out more at Cambridge i-SITE 07 823 3456 / www.cambridge.co.nz
7. Miniature Trains, Leamington Domain, Wordsworth Street. Find out more on their facebook page @cambridgemodelengineering
8. Sanctuary Mountain – special event to celebrate the start of the kiwi season and “Save the Kiwi” month. Friday 4th October. 12pmat Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari’s Visitors Centre.
9. FREE: On your bike – Avantidrome pump track, Te Awa River ride, Te Miro and Pirongia bike parks are all free and FUN. If you do need to hire a bike – talk to us – we have all options covered.
10. FREE: Waikato River Trails – excellent for a walk or a bike, grab hot chocolates and yummy food at Rhubarb Café Arapuni
11. FREE: Hamilton Gardens – 15 minutes up the road, the gardens are spectacular this time of year. The Hamilton Gardens Discovery Trail will take children on a journey where they can explore an enchanting world of secret-themed gardens. Behind every door, there is a magical story and a portal through time to far-flung corners of the world. Explore a lush tropical garden, mystical ancient China or let your imagination loose in the Renaissance Prince’s 16th-century garden.
12. Cambridge Mini Golf – 11 Campbell Street, Leamington. Enjoy a unique themed course – see if you can spot a koru, a map of New Zealand hole, several water features, and much more! 18 hole course, achievable for all ages 2 and up, great family fun. Picnic table area where you can enjoy your own food. Check their facebook page for opening hours – Cambridge Mini Golf
13. Take a kayak trip with The BoatShed Kayaks or Lake District Adventures. Day trip or glowworm trip – this will create special family memories. Check with operators re age, generally 5+ for day trip and 8+ for evening. https://www.cambridge.co.nz/things-to-do/water-activities/
14. Over the Moon Dairy, Victoria Street. Take the kids for a real treat – a decadent, locally made, “Duck Island’ icecream – and you can try their award winning cheese while you are there.
15. A choice of Markets
Cambridge Farmers Market – Victoria Square 8am-12noon –/
16. Jet Boat Trip with Camjet Cambridge – the kids will love this one! Choose from thrills and spills or a more serene ecological trip on the Mighty Waikato. www.camjet.co.nz
17. Visit an Alpaca Farm – and you will also get to see Bison, Llamas, Goats, Miniature Donkeys, Blacknose Sheep, and more. Priced from $60 for four people. Contact the Cambridge i-SITE for more information (07-823-3456), or view here https://www.cambridge.co.nz/things-to-do/alpaca-experience/