- In early December, thoughts turn to the upcoming festive season and the town's youngsters line the streets for the Christmas Parade and to welcome the special guest in his red suit. Other yuletide events include the Christmas Festival, held over two weeks at the Cambridge Town Hall, and two nights of Carols by Candlelight at Monavale Homestead (3553 Cambridge Rd).
- One of polo's biggest annual events, the Hannon Cup, is held in December.
- Lake Karapiro becomes the focus for water sports with the annual Waka Ama Sprint National Championships in which more than 3,000 competitors from seven to 70 race their outrigger canoes before thousands of excited spectators. The first rowing regatta of the year follows as crews compete for the Cambridge Town Cup.
- Late in January, the Giant Craft & Collectables Fair is held at St Andrew's Church (85 Hamilton Rd).
- Lake Karapiro is ideal for hydroplane racing and plays host for a race on the New Zealand Grand Prix circuit, attracting spectators enthralled by the prospect of watching drivers zoom through four laps of a 2,000 metre oval course in less than three minutes.
- Polo holds its annual Keyte Watson tournament, one of the sport's biggest events of the year, and the Cambridge Football Club hosts its annual Men's and Women's Cambridge Sevens tournaments, drawing soccer players from the upper North Island.
For up-to-date information on events, contact the Cambridge i-SITE Information Centre beside the Town Hall.
Need Help With Accommodation?