- The Cambridge Community Arts Council stages a two-day art exhibition at the Cambridge Town Hall.
- Boaties of all types enjoy the annual Cambridge to Hamilton Boat Race and Cruise as they race 23km from the Riverside Reserve and downstream to the finish line in Hamilton. Entrants are allowed to use all types and classes of boats from stand-up paddleboards to kayaks.
- Some of the best water skiers in New Zealand and Australia come to Cambridge for the annual Bridge To Bridge Classic which began in 1984. The event has seven components, the highlight being the Long Race which is an 82km sprint against the clock as skiers head from Cambridge to Taupiri and back to Hamilton.
- The Town Hall is also the venue for the Rotary Club's annual four-day Bookarama second hand book fair.
- The Giant Craft & Collectables Fair is held every Labour Weekend at St Andrew's Church (85 Hamilton Rd).
- Horse enthusiasts head to the Mystery Creek Events Centre for the annual three-day Equidays event. Visitors can see exhibitions, competitions, demonstrations and other activities from each of the equine disciplines.
- On the Sunday closest to November 11 each year, Armistice in Cambridge commemorates the end of World War One. Since 2001, groups from throughout New Zealand have come to Cambridge to demonstrate military vehicles, weaponry, aircraft, uniforms and memorabilia to remind attendees of the sacrifices made by those who fought. A Commemoration Service is held at the Cenotaph on the Sunday morning.
- Spring is also the season for vintage and classic car enthusiasts to show their vehicles to admirers. The Waikato Veteran and Vintage Car Club holds annual rallies in November and a swap meet at Cambridge Raceway. The Classic and Custom Car Show draws some of the region's best looking vehicles of ages past to a display beside Lake Te Ko Utu at the Cambridge Domain.
- The Maunga Cycle Challenge is a 100km cycle race around Maungatautari Mountain held in November.
- The annual Cambridge A& P Show takes place every November at Cambridge Raceway.
For up-to-date information on events, contact the Cambridge i-SITE Information Centre beside the Town Hall.
Need Help With Accommodation?